Mainstream and Gateway are pleased to announce that after careful planning and discussion both boards of directors have voted in favour of forming a Strategic Alliance!
There are 8 areas of business where resources will be shared:
1. Governance (Mainstream and Gateway will continue to have separate boards with a joint committee)
3. Financial Management
4. Information Technology
5. Human Resources Management
6. Property Management
7. Community & Fund Development
8. Support Services with a focus on People with a Dual Diagnosis
Operational plans for each of the 8 business areas are underway and will continue over the next year. In April 2020, an evaluation will be done by our consultants People Minded Business to see how well the M&G Strategic Alliance has done, so far, in achieving its vision and meeting objectives.
M&G Strategic Alliance vision:
M&G Strategic Alliance objectives:
- Heightened efficiencies – make the most of our resources
- Rise to new levels of effectiveness - expand and advance our capacity to provide progressive supports to people with a dual diagnosis and other people who typically “fall through the cracks”
- Develop alternative housing options
- Employees at both agencies will expand their knowledge and skill sets for supporting people with a dual diagnosis
- Both agencies being well positioned as sustainable organizations
- The developmental services sector and mental health sector having a cross sector strategic alliance project from which to learn and replicate
This is an exciting time at Mainstream and Gateway. Stay-tuned for further updates.
Feel free to email any questions to either executive director:
Kevin Berswick: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Osczypko: email@example.com